Lady Falcons blast Okolona 18-0
Ingomar closed out a good week with an 18-0 run rule Okolona Thursday night.
Okolona battled with three of their starters out sick, but the offensive effort of the Lady Falcons was too much, as they jumped to a 17-0 lead after the first inning.
Kate Webb and Samantha Mayo opened with hits, as Mayo’s double scored Webb. Shelly Grisham followed with the first of two Ingomar homeruns in the game.
Santana Taylor and Anna McCutchen had back-to-back RBI doubles, making it 7-0 before Webb’s three run shot extended the lead to double digits.
Kayla Stevens also had a big hit, an RBI triple making it 16-0 before Okolona turned a double play to get out of the inning.
Ingomar’s final run came in the second, as Anna Clar Wooley’s single scored the final run.
Mayo picked up the win, as she only allowed one hit before being replaced in the second inning.
Okolona managed two singles and was walked twice in the beinning of the second inning, but that was all the offensive effort they would produce in the loss.
Webb and Mayo each had two hits, along with Williams, Taylor and Stevens.
Ingomar produced five doubles and a triple and two homeruns in the impressive win.
The Lady Falcons also picked up a win earlier in the week, 1-0 over Tremont.
Ingomar will faceoff at South Pontotoc before hosting Hulka this week.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...