Sunday, Sept. 27th our special was the first look at “Christ My King”, sung by Miss. Heather Dillard. The message was what genuine faith looks like, James 2 Verses 1-. Also, Sunday was our special praise day. Our son Andy Taylor had his stroke six years ago Sept. 27th. We thank God every day for what he has done in his life. On Sunday, Oct. 4th our special was by Miss Brooklyn Murry. He chose the “Cross”. Our message was the devil did not make me do it .The verse was James 1, Verses 13-18.
Our sick list was still long. Mr. Billy Cosper from the Liberty community is not feeling well. He was in the hospital the first part of the week. Mrs. Linda, we pray for grace to be with you during this time.
Mr. James Farris was released from the hospital to the Union County Health and Rehab. On Friday he is doing some better. Baby Meredith Grace Garrison was released from the hospital and doing some better. Carolyn Goddard has had a time this week with her back. Mr. Faye Little is in the Tupelo Hospital and not doing well at all. Also, Maryann Nix had some tests this past week. She has not gotten all of her results in. Her daughter Tonya Howard will have some testing this week.
My brother William Sanford will be going in for some tests on Monday to see if he has prostate cancer. Diane Taylor has been in the hospital this week with the stomach virus. Shirley Stanford is still in Meridian in rehab.
Brenda Carroll has been released from the hospital with lung problems. Geneva Jamieson in Arizona has had complications from foot surgery. We ask all that knows God can touch, to be in prayer for these on this list and so many more.
We want to wish Arron Pilcher a happy 7th birthday and many more. Also, Mr. Bo Dillard, many more. Also, a late happy birthday to Ann Dixon and an anniversary wish. May you be blessed with many more. Teresa Farah and Carol Butler left Oct. 3rd for a cruise out to the Gulf of Mexico. We wish them a safe return Oct. 12th.
On Oct. 10th, there will be a benefit at Neely Fellowship Building for Leon Crumpton to help with his expenses for his wife’s burial. There will be several gospel groups singing and also hamburger plates and hot dog plates will be sold for $5 a plate so, come out and help with this if at all possible. Time is 5 p.m. until.
If you can not come out and would like to donate a cake to the cause, please call Sara Farris at 534-9950. Also, we send out sympathy wishes to the Mrs. Johnnie Chunn Bell family. SShe was a dear friend to all at Neely and we will miss her. May God richly bless. Till next time.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...