The inaugural season of Union County football is over and we congratulate all who participated in this transition from a dream to a team.
The issue going forward will be to come up with the money and booster support to advance the program each year. That is the task for the Union County School Board, which already faces major state budget cuts, and Union County school supporters who need to push private fundraising efforts.
Thanks also are in order for the New Albany School District, which cooperated with the county program to allow the use of Kitchens’ Field for two games. We hope that cooperation can continue.
We look forward to the day when both the city and county have strongly competitive football teams as our area continues to improve its academic and extracurricular activities in the public schools.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...