The inaugural season of Union County football is over and we congratulate all who participated in this transition from a dream to a team.
The issue going forward will be to come up with the money and booster support to advance the program each year. That is the task for the Union County School Board, which already faces major state budget cuts, and Union County school supporters who need to push private fundraising efforts.
Thanks also are in order for the New Albany School District, which cooperated with the county program to allow the use of Kitchens’ Field for two games. We hope that cooperation can continue.
We look forward to the day when both the city and county have strongly competitive football teams as our area continues to improve its academic and extracurricular activities in the public schools.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins swim past Eagles in opener August 20, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Home Run Derby August 25, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Wife accused of shooting husband six times August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...