New Haven special need
Providing help to adults with special needs is the business of the New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults.
But the school now has its own special need and is looking to the community to provide the money for it. The school needs a 28-passenger handicapped-accessible bus because its client base is now 22 people ages 20 to 55.
A 15-passenger van no longer accommodates transporting clients to and from the center or for community outings.
A campaign is getting under way to raise money for the new bus and the maiden event is “A Night Out for New Haven at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Magnolia Civic Center. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door. More information can be obtained by calling 662-534-4289.
The event will feature the Moonstone Band with guest guitarist Dr. Robert Khayat, chancellor emeritus of the University of Mississippi.
The school is funded primarily by tax dollars from Union County, New Albany and the United Way as well as donations from individuals, churches, civic clubs and businesses. Clients’ families pay only $20 a month. Transportation is provided, if needed, and clients participate in a variety of activities, both at the center and in the community.
The New Haven Center is in its 48th year of helping people with special needs. It’s your turn to help by buying a ticket, writing a donation check or, even better, both.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert