New Haven special need
Providing help to adults with special needs is the business of the New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults.
But the school now has its own special need and is looking to the community to provide the money for it. The school needs a 28-passenger handicapped-accessible bus because its client base is now 22 people ages 20 to 55.
A 15-passenger van no longer accommodates transporting clients to and from the center or for community outings.
A campaign is getting under way to raise money for the new bus and the maiden event is “A Night Out for New Haven at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Magnolia Civic Center. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door. More information can be obtained by calling 662-534-4289.
The event will feature the Moonstone Band with guest guitarist Dr. Robert Khayat, chancellor emeritus of the University of Mississippi.
The school is funded primarily by tax dollars from Union County, New Albany and the United Way as well as donations from individuals, churches, civic clubs and businesses. Clients’ families pay only $20 a month. Transportation is provided, if needed, and clients participate in a variety of activities, both at the center and in the community.
The New Haven Center is in its 48th year of helping people with special needs. It’s your turn to help by buying a ticket, writing a donation check or, even better, both.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...