Judon signs with Ole Miss
Family and Friends gathered on Wednesday, as Jimel Judon made his move to the next level, signing with Ole Miss Baseball. Judon will not be going far away from home, which was one of many factors in his decision. A love for the Rebels program, which made it to the NCAA Super Regionals in 2009, guided the Myrtle native to Oxford.
“I really love the atmosphere, as far as baseball. It’s just a great place,” Judon said.
Choosing over Mississippi State and LSU, among other schools, the senior said he loved his visits to Oxford, particularly during the NCAA Regionals.
“It’s crazy, especially during Regionals. There’s nothing like it. All of the fans, especially out in right field. They’ll dog anyone out there. I’m ready to be there and get that feeling.”
Judon has been a valuable part of the Hawks’ program over the years, and has shown his versatility, playing both pitcher and in the outfield. His strength at bat is what caught the attention of the scouts, as he is among the elite in the Class of 2010. Not sure where he will fit in just yet on the Rebels’ roster, Judon is excited for any opportunity he has.
“They want me to do hitting, but not pitching,” Judon said. “I’ll go where ever they put me, probably either outfield or first base. We’ll see.”
But before he can make it to Oxford, Judon has unfinished business with the Hawks, as he is looking for a state title not only in baseball, but basketball as well.
“We’re looking forward to maybe winning a gold ball in both baseball and basketball, so I’m really excited about that,” Judon said.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...