This Saturday night the musical group Paid in Full and the New Albany Rotary Club present their annual “Christmas in New Albany” program to benefit charity.
Many of your favorite area singers will perform at the event at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at New Albany High School and we urge you to attend. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased downtown at the New Albany Main Street office (the old Post Office) on Bankhead Street, from Rotary Club members or at the door.
Attending the event has two benefits: You will be entertained by a group of excellent performers and you will be making a contribution to charity.
Scheduled to perform are Paid in Full, Cara Rorie, Creighton White, Jessica Nanney, Jim Henson, Mark Garrett, Paul Tate, Jeff Crews and Christy Littlejohn.
The largest benefactor of the annual event is the New Albany Gazette’s 35th annual Sharing at Christmas program , which has set a fundraising goal of $20,000 to help those in need.
As of today a little more than $7,000 has been received from contributors. The program annually helps more than 200 families comprised of hundreds of seniors, adults and children.
The needs are great this year and you can help by attending this year’s program. We also hope you will contribute toys to the campaign by bringing them to the Gazette office at 713 Carter Ave. no later than Monday, Dec. 14.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate the efforts by Paid in Full and the New Albany Rotary Club in sponsoring this major fundraising event in our city.
We hope you will make it a point to attend.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...