Discount drug cards
Union County residents without adequate medical insurance may benefit from a program to be offered through the county government.
The county has contracted to provide a prescription discount card for residents who either do not have medical insurance or are underinsured.
County Administrator Terry Johnson said anyone may get a card, but the main focus of the program is toward those without adequate insurance.
The contract with the National Association of Counties will provide an approximate 22 percent savings on prescription drugs for those without insurance. It also may help people whose drug is not covered by their insurance plan.
The cards are expected to be available in about 10 weeks. Participating pharmacies include Walmart, Walgreens, Super Saver Drugs, Rite Aid Pharmacies, Fred’s Discount Pharmacy and the Hospital Pharmacy.
“A cardholder will simply present it at a participating pharmacy,” Johnson said. “There is no enrollment form, no membership fee and no restrictions or limits on frequency of use. Cardholders and their family members may use the card any time their prescriptions are not covered by insurance.”
The county will announce when and where the cards will be available.
We think it is worthwhile for the county to participate in this program which may provide some relief on prescription drug costs for those Union County residents without medical insurance.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series