Honoring NA schools
Twelve school districts in Mississippi have been recognized for high student achievement and it should come as no surprise that the New Albany School District is one of them.
The recognition came in the Mississippi School Boards Association Lighthouse School Leader Awards program.
The awards honor top districts in student achievement tests and success in meeting state expectations for continuous improvement.”
“Once again, school districts have shown that hey are up to the challenge of continually improving student performance—exploring innovative and creative ways to enhance and reinforce learning, said the association’s executive director, Michael Waldrop.
He said tthat the association “acknowledges that boards and superintendents are working harder than ever before to make their efforts pay big dividends for students.
The other districts honored include Pass Christian, Booneville, Clinton, Corinth, Enterprise, Lamar County, Long Beach, Madison County, Ocean Springs, Pontotoc City and South Delta.
We salute the students and teachers in the New Albany district for this achievement and also recognize the leadership provided by Dr. Charles Garrett, superintendent, and his staff, backed by the school board, Dr. Jason Dees, president; Bernice Bailey; Bobby Gault; Cathy McClinton; Jerry Tate, and Fred Roers, board attorney.
Reaching this achievement level does not happen by accident. It happens with vision, dedication, hard work and citizen support through their tax dollars.
Too often we take for granted the quality public education provided in New Albany as compared to many regions of the state.
Congratulations to all.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...