Honoring NA schools
Twelve school districts in Mississippi have been recognized for high student achievement and it should come as no surprise that the New Albany School District is one of them.
The recognition came in the Mississippi School Boards Association Lighthouse School Leader Awards program.
The awards honor top districts in student achievement tests and success in meeting state expectations for continuous improvement.”
“Once again, school districts have shown that hey are up to the challenge of continually improving student performance—exploring innovative and creative ways to enhance and reinforce learning, said the association’s executive director, Michael Waldrop.
He said tthat the association “acknowledges that boards and superintendents are working harder than ever before to make their efforts pay big dividends for students.
The other districts honored include Pass Christian, Booneville, Clinton, Corinth, Enterprise, Lamar County, Long Beach, Madison County, Ocean Springs, Pontotoc City and South Delta.
We salute the students and teachers in the New Albany district for this achievement and also recognize the leadership provided by Dr. Charles Garrett, superintendent, and his staff, backed by the school board, Dr. Jason Dees, president; Bernice Bailey; Bobby Gault; Cathy McClinton; Jerry Tate, and Fred Roers, board attorney.
Reaching this achievement level does not happen by accident. It happens with vision, dedication, hard work and citizen support through their tax dollars.
Too often we take for granted the quality public education provided in New Albany as compared to many regions of the state.
Congratulations to all.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series