Honoring NA schools
Twelve school districts in Mississippi have been recognized for high student achievement and it should come as no surprise that the New Albany School District is one of them.
The recognition came in the Mississippi School Boards Association Lighthouse School Leader Awards program.
The awards honor top districts in student achievement tests and success in meeting state expectations for continuous improvement.”
“Once again, school districts have shown that hey are up to the challenge of continually improving student performance—exploring innovative and creative ways to enhance and reinforce learning, said the association’s executive director, Michael Waldrop.
He said tthat the association “acknowledges that boards and superintendents are working harder than ever before to make their efforts pay big dividends for students.
The other districts honored include Pass Christian, Booneville, Clinton, Corinth, Enterprise, Lamar County, Long Beach, Madison County, Ocean Springs, Pontotoc City and South Delta.
We salute the students and teachers in the New Albany district for this achievement and also recognize the leadership provided by Dr. Charles Garrett, superintendent, and his staff, backed by the school board, Dr. Jason Dees, president; Bernice Bailey; Bobby Gault; Cathy McClinton; Jerry Tate, and Fred Roers, board attorney.
Reaching this achievement level does not happen by accident. It happens with vision, dedication, hard work and citizen support through their tax dollars.
Too often we take for granted the quality public education provided in New Albany as compared to many regions of the state.
Congratulations to all.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...