Obituaries for December 16, 2009
Stewart Howell, 37
Stewart Alan Howell, age 37, of Myrtle, died Saturday, December 12, 2009 at his residence. He was born April 27, 1972 to Clyde Howell and Marion McCallen. He was a employee of Riverside Traffic Systems, Inc. He was a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church.
Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009 at United Funeral Service’s Chapel with the Rev. Jason Howell and Rev. Randy Futral officiating. Interment in the Temperence Hill Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Jane Smithey Howell of Myrtle; his father and step-mother Clyde and Anasticia Howell of Hickory Flat; his mother and step-father Marion and George McCallen of Walls; 2 daughters Angel Howell of Myrtle, and Maddison Laher-Howell of Myrtle; 2 sons Chris Howell of Hickory Flat, and Ethan Howell of Myrtle; 2 sisters Michele Haley (Phillip) of Red Banks, and Krystal Chism (Brandon) of Hickory Flat; 1 niece and 2 nephews.
Pallbearers were William Carpenter, Chris Burks, Wayne Pruitt, Billy Jack Rodgers, David Farr, and Booker Farr.
Visitation was from 5 til 9 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 at the funeral home.
Melissa Pugh, 22
Melissa Pugh, 22, of Porter, Texas, formerly of Hickory Flat, died Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009, suddenly in New Caney, Texas. She was born Dec. 24, 1986, in Corinth to Jeffrey Franklin Pugh and Patricia Hopkins Kennedy. She was a lead sales associate manager for Dollar General Store in Texas.
Services will be at noon Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009, at Winburn United Methodist Church in Hickory Flat. The Rev. Brownie Tohill will officiate. Interment will be in Hopewell Cemetery in Walnut. Serenity Funeral Home of New Albany is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Patricia Kennedy of Hickory Flat; a son, Adrian Michael Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her fiancampé, Mike Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her grandmother, Annie Mae Mardis of Benton County; two brothers, Christopher (Jennifer) Rutherford of Byhalia and Bradley Kennedy of Jacksonville, Ark.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jeffrey Franklin Pugh.
Visitation was from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- New Furniture Academy will give workers head start toward jobs, better pay January 18, 2017
- The Playhouse January 19, 2017
- Lady Bulldogs shutout Caledonia in playoff opener January 24, 2017
- Robertson’s Lady Challenge celebrates 20th annual tournament January 24, 2017
- Falcons fall in closing seconds to Bearcats January 24, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...