Obituaries for December 16, 2009
Stewart Howell, 37
Stewart Alan Howell, age 37, of Myrtle, died Saturday, December 12, 2009 at his residence. He was born April 27, 1972 to Clyde Howell and Marion McCallen. He was a employee of Riverside Traffic Systems, Inc. He was a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church.
Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009 at United Funeral Service’s Chapel with the Rev. Jason Howell and Rev. Randy Futral officiating. Interment in the Temperence Hill Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Jane Smithey Howell of Myrtle; his father and step-mother Clyde and Anasticia Howell of Hickory Flat; his mother and step-father Marion and George McCallen of Walls; 2 daughters Angel Howell of Myrtle, and Maddison Laher-Howell of Myrtle; 2 sons Chris Howell of Hickory Flat, and Ethan Howell of Myrtle; 2 sisters Michele Haley (Phillip) of Red Banks, and Krystal Chism (Brandon) of Hickory Flat; 1 niece and 2 nephews.
Pallbearers were William Carpenter, Chris Burks, Wayne Pruitt, Billy Jack Rodgers, David Farr, and Booker Farr.
Visitation was from 5 til 9 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 at the funeral home.
Melissa Pugh, 22
Melissa Pugh, 22, of Porter, Texas, formerly of Hickory Flat, died Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009, suddenly in New Caney, Texas. She was born Dec. 24, 1986, in Corinth to Jeffrey Franklin Pugh and Patricia Hopkins Kennedy. She was a lead sales associate manager for Dollar General Store in Texas.
Services will be at noon Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009, at Winburn United Methodist Church in Hickory Flat. The Rev. Brownie Tohill will officiate. Interment will be in Hopewell Cemetery in Walnut. Serenity Funeral Home of New Albany is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Patricia Kennedy of Hickory Flat; a son, Adrian Michael Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her fiancampé, Mike Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her grandmother, Annie Mae Mardis of Benton County; two brothers, Christopher (Jennifer) Rutherford of Byhalia and Bradley Kennedy of Jacksonville, Ark.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jeffrey Franklin Pugh.
Visitation was from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...