New Haven News
Happy New Year from New Haven! My name is Will Floyd. I have only been attending New Haven since November. I wasn’t sure I would like it, but now I don’t want to miss a day. I enjoy all that we do. The Christmas parades were especially a lot of fun. I get to tell you about how our new year started. We were all anxious to get back and catch up on what everyone did during the holidays.
Our first day back was January 5 and we had a New Year’s party. We had noise makers and party hats. It was just like New Year’s Eve in New York City, maybe not quite. We had a traditional New Year ’s Day lunch – black-eyed peas with ham hocks, cabbage, and ham. We will wait and see if our meal brings us luck and money this year. For dessert we had cake. It was Ricky Joe’s birthday, and his mother brought a General Lee cupcake cake. It was bright General Lee orange with a 01 on it.
We ended our New Year celebration by making resolutions. My resolutions were to meet Tim Tebow and go to the swinging bridge at Tishomingo State Park. Here are the resolutions for others.
Patrick – Meet Coach Houston Nutt
Jennifer – Give up sweets
Alisa – Travel and meet Mark Martin
Tabitha – Get health and spend time with family
James – Eat with friend Joe at new restaurants and see the ‘Price is Right’ show in person
Ricky Joe – Meet Jimmy Johnson (48) and meet the Ole Miss football players
Shane – Visit uncle in Texas, get a bead store opened, hunt a lot, and spend time with Colt
Lori Beth – Spend time with Dad’s sister and spend more time with brother and entire family
Glenn – Spend more time with Mom and Dad and drink a lot of diet Mountain Dew
Deb – Visit Aunt Dodgie
Essence – Ms. DD do more names
Katie T – Spend more time with Frankie
Justin – Meet Mississippi State’s quarterback, read the Bible more, and spend time with family
Jeana – Go visit cousins in Georgia and meet Peyton Manning
Katie B – Spend more time reading the Bible, spend more time with father, mother, and sister
Susan – Get my GED, spend more time with family, go to school to be a nurse, go to church more and keep my home cleaner.
Also, on our first day back, we went to the library. Ms. Cindy always has something fun for us to do. On Tuesday we made snowmen. We used large marshmallows for the body, pretzels for the arms, fruit roll ups for the scarf, chocolate chips for the eyes, and a Hershey’s kiss for the hat. Some of us ate ours; they were good, too.
Also, on the first day we welcomed Stella Williams, She is Ms. Ruby’s daughter. Ms. Ruby has decided to work part-time so we are glad to have Stella to come to work at New Haven to cook our lunch. We also hope we can talk her into singing for us some.
On Wednesday we started the new year off right by walking. We went to the Healthplex and walked. We have really done good walking.
We also started getting ready for our birthday party for Elvis.
I guess our January welcome sign worked. It is a snowman holding a net to catch snowballs. We don’t know if it was the snowmen we made at the library or our welcome sign, but we are sure we helped cause the snow; we didn’t come to the center on Thursday and Friday.
You can see we were pretty busy the first two days of the year. Thank you for reading our news and keep reading, you don’t want to miss out on what’s happening at New Haven.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert