Down but not out, Lady ‘Dawgs 24-0
Missing two key defensive components, the Lady ‘Dawgs are still winning and winning big, as they defeated Tishomingo County 64-40 Tuesday night.
With scoring from four different players, New Albany built a 10-0 lead before Tish. scored their first basket. The Lady Braves would go on a 4:19 scoring drought beginning late in the first quarter as the Lady ‘Dawgs went ahead 22-6.
Leading 32-10 at the break, Micha Washington led the Lady Bulldogs scoring nine third quarter points.
Washington finished with a game-high 23 for New Albany, while Jazmine Spears added 15 points.
New Albany improves to 24-0 (10-0) with one game remaining in the regular season and a first round bye in next week’s division tournament. The Lady Bulldogs are in much need of the week off, as they are currently without starting point guard Porche White and reserve Paris Sanders, who are both sidelined with injuries.
“We’re short handed right now and both Porche and Paris have provided defensive intensity and presence on the court for us throughout the season,” NAHS head coach John Stroud said. “We’re not hurting in scoring, but there are other things those two have brought to us that we’re missing right now.”
Stroud also talked about ball handling, as both White and Sanders are among the top passers on the team with a combined 116 assists.
“Right now we’re just working on ball handing and getting the ball down the court,” Stroud said. “We’ve lost two of our best ball handlers and they’re both so good at pressuring the ball. Our hope is to have both of them back in time for North Half.”
The Bulldogs also picked up a win over Tish. County, defeating the Braves, 81-42.
Hayden Floyd and Tadaious Coburn each scored 13 for New Albany, who are now 18-7 (10-0).
New Albany will be on the road Thursday playing against Tupelo before taking the week off in preparation for the 1-4A division semifinals next Thursday, February 11 in Fulton.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...