New road, finally
The Mississippi Department of Transportation’s decision to move ahead with reconstruction of state Highway 15 in New Albany is welcome news.
The state intends to contract in March for making Highway 15 a modern five-lane highway from U.S. 78 (Interstate 22) north to North Haven and a four-lane divided highway north to the county line.
To suggest that the project should have been done years ago is obvious. The heavily-traveled route not only goes through a commercial area but also goes in front of New Albany High School.
The highway, a favorite of truckers, is very dangerous and the scene of many accidents.
But beyond that, the highway has been allowed to deteriorate for years without being resurfaced because of the reconstruction plan. Motorists fall into potholes capable of busting a tire or worse.
Getting through the two-year construction period will be trying for everyone, but the new highway, when it is completed, will more than make up for the inconvenience.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...