Rebels sweep Ingomar on senior night
Hickory Flat showed up big on senior night, taking down Ingomar 88-86 in overtime last Friday.
The Falcons led throughout the contest, only to watch the Rebels take the lead late in the fourth quarter.
Ingoma held the 35-29 lead at the half before Zavion Adams came alive in the second half, scoring 10 of the Rebels 15 third quarter points, finishing with 29 in the game.
Anthony Tucker brought the game within three points, and Timothy Tatum tied the contest at the 2:33 mark. Caleb Van Tassell gave Hickory Flat their first lead since 1:13 in the first quarter but not before Matt Purvis tied the game with a triple. Adams gave the Rebels the one point lead with four seconds remaining, and after an Ingomar turnover, the game was thought to be over. After two made free throws by the Rebels, Purvis tied the game with a half court shot, sending the game to overtime.
The Falcons could not carry the momentum into the bonus period, as Hickory Flat opened on a 6-0 run and never looked back, taking the win.
Purvis finished with 33 for Ingomar, while Zack Carnell added 27.
Van Tassell had 16 for the Rebels on senior night, followed by Tucker with 12 and Tatum with 10.
In the girls game, Hickory Flat again came from behind and took the win from Ingomar, 38-33.
The Lady Falcons opened on an 8-0 run before Courtney Martin’s 10 points made it a 14-12 game after the first.
After a slow second quarter, Shalonda Reynolds tied the game late in the third, and Kasey Bennett gave the Lady Rebels their first lead, 28-26. A triple by Kayla Kolivas helped sealed the win for Hickory Flat, as they head into their divisional tournament.
Kayla Stevens led Ingomar with 16 points. Reynolds finished with 13 and Martin 11 for the Lady Rebels
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...