Rebels sweep Ingomar on senior night
Hickory Flat showed up big on senior night, taking down Ingomar 88-86 in overtime last Friday.
The Falcons led throughout the contest, only to watch the Rebels take the lead late in the fourth quarter.
Ingoma held the 35-29 lead at the half before Zavion Adams came alive in the second half, scoring 10 of the Rebels 15 third quarter points, finishing with 29 in the game.
Anthony Tucker brought the game within three points, and Timothy Tatum tied the contest at the 2:33 mark. Caleb Van Tassell gave Hickory Flat their first lead since 1:13 in the first quarter but not before Matt Purvis tied the game with a triple. Adams gave the Rebels the one point lead with four seconds remaining, and after an Ingomar turnover, the game was thought to be over. After two made free throws by the Rebels, Purvis tied the game with a half court shot, sending the game to overtime.
The Falcons could not carry the momentum into the bonus period, as Hickory Flat opened on a 6-0 run and never looked back, taking the win.
Purvis finished with 33 for Ingomar, while Zack Carnell added 27.
Van Tassell had 16 for the Rebels on senior night, followed by Tucker with 12 and Tatum with 10.
In the girls game, Hickory Flat again came from behind and took the win from Ingomar, 38-33.
The Lady Falcons opened on an 8-0 run before Courtney Martin’s 10 points made it a 14-12 game after the first.
After a slow second quarter, Shalonda Reynolds tied the game late in the third, and Kasey Bennett gave the Lady Rebels their first lead, 28-26. A triple by Kayla Kolivas helped sealed the win for Hickory Flat, as they head into their divisional tournament.
Kayla Stevens led Ingomar with 16 points. Reynolds finished with 13 and Martin 11 for the Lady Rebels
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...