Rebels sweep Ingomar on senior night
Hickory Flat showed up big on senior night, taking down Ingomar 88-86 in overtime last Friday.
The Falcons led throughout the contest, only to watch the Rebels take the lead late in the fourth quarter.
Ingoma held the 35-29 lead at the half before Zavion Adams came alive in the second half, scoring 10 of the Rebels 15 third quarter points, finishing with 29 in the game.
Anthony Tucker brought the game within three points, and Timothy Tatum tied the contest at the 2:33 mark. Caleb Van Tassell gave Hickory Flat their first lead since 1:13 in the first quarter but not before Matt Purvis tied the game with a triple. Adams gave the Rebels the one point lead with four seconds remaining, and after an Ingomar turnover, the game was thought to be over. After two made free throws by the Rebels, Purvis tied the game with a half court shot, sending the game to overtime.
The Falcons could not carry the momentum into the bonus period, as Hickory Flat opened on a 6-0 run and never looked back, taking the win.
Purvis finished with 33 for Ingomar, while Zack Carnell added 27.
Van Tassell had 16 for the Rebels on senior night, followed by Tucker with 12 and Tatum with 10.
In the girls game, Hickory Flat again came from behind and took the win from Ingomar, 38-33.
The Lady Falcons opened on an 8-0 run before Courtney Martin’s 10 points made it a 14-12 game after the first.
After a slow second quarter, Shalonda Reynolds tied the game late in the third, and Kasey Bennett gave the Lady Rebels their first lead, 28-26. A triple by Kayla Kolivas helped sealed the win for Hickory Flat, as they head into their divisional tournament.
Kayla Stevens led Ingomar with 16 points. Reynolds finished with 13 and Martin 11 for the Lady Rebels
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert