Defense leads WU to division win
Defense helped the Lady Eagles pick up the division win, as they defeated Ingomar 4-2 on Thursday.
After falling to Myrtle on Tuesday, West Union was able to snap Ingomar’s unbeaten division record, despite several opportunities by the Lady Falcons.
“A win is a win and we will take the win, but it wasn’t pretty,” West Union head coach Lisa Bogue said. “We have some things to work on, but we’re glad for the win.”
Ingomar left six runners stranded in the in the first three innings, as the Lady Eagles’ defense backed up pitcher Dani Taylor, particularly in the third inning when the Lady Falcons loaded the bases with one out. West Union survived only allowing one run in the frame.
“The defense came through strong today,” Bogue said. “Hannah McQuary made the awesome play at third base, and Julianna Garner at first base made some terrific digs out of the dirt that saved us several times. All of them at one point came through and helped out their pitcher today.”
West Union scored their first runs in the second inning, as Garner had a lead off single and scored off a sacrifice by Carley Wilkerson. That was followed by a single from Jessica Ganger, who scored on a sacrifice by McQuary.
The Lady Eagles placed the first two batters on base in the third, with both scoring during Leah Paige Goolsby’s at bat.
Dani Taylor and Ganger each had multiple hits for West Union. Ingomar was held scoreless despite seven hits in the game. Kate Webb had two hits to lead the Lady Falcons.
West Union will host Potts Camp this week while Ingomar will travel to Blue Mountain, Myrtle and NAHS.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...