Buy local produce
Summer time brings with it an opportunity to buy local produce and we are fortunate to have an easy way to do that each week without having to drive around the county.
All we have to do is show up on Wednesdays or Saturdays at the Union County-New Albany Farmer’s Market.
On Saturdays throughout the summer, locally produced goods are available from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Court Street between Regions Bank and the Union County Courthouse.
On Wednesday mornings, the market operates during the same hours at the Union County Fairgrounds Arena.
“Everything will be locally grown in Union County and surrounding counties,” said Tim Burress, market manager. “There will be no resale stuff.”
Burress said a half dozen local growers actively participate in the market and he hopes to add more, as well as local producers of baked goods, jams and jellies.
All kinds of produce are available, including squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, cabbage, sweet corn and green beans, he said.
Cut flowers also are available, Burress said..
The market is a project of the Mississippi State Extension Service and the Union County Master Gardeners.
The gardeners also will present demonstrations at the market beginning early next month.
It’s important to support our local Farmer’s Market and our local growers. They provide the freshest produce at reasonable prices.
See you at the market.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series