Childers’ mailings criticized
Over the past few months, I have received several mail-outs from Congressman Travis Childers citing his support of various programs or projects.
Some of these are multiple-colored, fold outs, some of them expound how he is “fighting to make Medicare prescription Drug coverage even better.” Another says “Shouldn’t health reform lower cost, not raise them?”
Another says “True Patriots, we raise the flag, they protect it.” Another says “Government wastes, bad for Mississippi Taxpayers, bad for our economy” and what Congressman Travis Childers is doing to protect it.
Another says “No bailouts, No payraises, a report from Congressman Travis Childers.”
Inside this colored brochure, Mr Childers says, “With North Mississippians tightening their belts, it’s time for our government to do the same.”
Then there is the letter of July 13, where he offers support for veterans and encourages the veteran to call his office with any problems.
Then his last letter, of July 23, tells how he is supporting increased funding for schools and education.
While all of this sounds good, read the fine print.
All of these, with the exception of one, were prepared, published and mailed at taxpayer expense!
Think about this. Who is Congressman Childers really trying to help?
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...