Childers’ mailings criticized
Over the past few months, I have received several mail-outs from Congressman Travis Childers citing his support of various programs or projects.
Some of these are multiple-colored, fold outs, some of them expound how he is “fighting to make Medicare prescription Drug coverage even better.” Another says “Shouldn’t health reform lower cost, not raise them?”
Another says “True Patriots, we raise the flag, they protect it.” Another says “Government wastes, bad for Mississippi Taxpayers, bad for our economy” and what Congressman Travis Childers is doing to protect it.
Another says “No bailouts, No payraises, a report from Congressman Travis Childers.”
Inside this colored brochure, Mr Childers says, “With North Mississippians tightening their belts, it’s time for our government to do the same.”
Then there is the letter of July 13, where he offers support for veterans and encourages the veteran to call his office with any problems.
Then his last letter, of July 23, tells how he is supporting increased funding for schools and education.
While all of this sounds good, read the fine print.
All of these, with the exception of one, were prepared, published and mailed at taxpayer expense!
Think about this. Who is Congressman Childers really trying to help?
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...