Health fair Saturday
One of the largest health fairs in Mississippi occurs this Saturday in New Albany.
It’s the Back-to-School Health Fair, conducted by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County with the support of lots of other groups. The fair is geared toward children from 4 to 12 years old.
A thousand people, including about 400 children, will show up from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the hospital for a free health check, dental check and a variety of other activities.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal is to catch health problems early, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
“And the best part is, it’s all free,” she said.
There will be lots of things for children to see and do. A helicopter, ambulance, fire truck and law enforcement vehicles will be on display. And activities include fingerprinting, rock climbing, seatbelt safety, tobacco education, face painting and inflatables.
“We’ll even have a teddy-clinic,” she said, so children may bring their bear or doll.
Each school-age child up to 12 years old will receive a backpack for participating in a short lesson about carrying backpacks safely, and free hot dogs and drinks will be provided, Kidd said.
This program, which has been going on 21 years, is part of Baptist Memorial Hospital’s strong commitment to our community.
And it’s all part of a responsible, non-profit hospital’s mission to improve community health. We congratulate Baptist for putting on this free event.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert