Health fair Saturday
One of the largest health fairs in Mississippi occurs this Saturday in New Albany.
It’s the Back-to-School Health Fair, conducted by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County with the support of lots of other groups. The fair is geared toward children from 4 to 12 years old.
A thousand people, including about 400 children, will show up from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the hospital for a free health check, dental check and a variety of other activities.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal is to catch health problems early, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
“And the best part is, it’s all free,” she said.
There will be lots of things for children to see and do. A helicopter, ambulance, fire truck and law enforcement vehicles will be on display. And activities include fingerprinting, rock climbing, seatbelt safety, tobacco education, face painting and inflatables.
“We’ll even have a teddy-clinic,” she said, so children may bring their bear or doll.
Each school-age child up to 12 years old will receive a backpack for participating in a short lesson about carrying backpacks safely, and free hot dogs and drinks will be provided, Kidd said.
This program, which has been going on 21 years, is part of Baptist Memorial Hospital’s strong commitment to our community.
And it’s all part of a responsible, non-profit hospital’s mission to improve community health. We congratulate Baptist for putting on this free event.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...