‘Dawgs open fall football practice
The Bulldogs have battled the heat and rain this week, as they took the field for the opening week of fall practice.
Head coach Ron Price and his staff return several key starters and 21 seniors for the 2010 season, and Price said he has been impressed at what his team has brought so far this week.
“Our kids have had great attitudes and have pushed themselves. They’ve done everything we’ve asked them to do, up to this point,” he said. “It’s going to get hard to keep doing everything we’re asking of them, but that’s where the leadership of our seniors will come in, and that’s when their roles will become more important. After three practices, I’m very happy at where we are as a team.”
Intense heat this week has changed the schedule for the ‘Dawgs, but they will continue with two-a-day workouts until next Thursday.
“We’re going at seven o’clock in the morning with special teams, going about two and a half hours with them and coming back at six in the afternoon, focusing on offense and defense,” Price said. “We’ve had some rain to deal with as well, so hopefully we can go out and get through everything we need to.”
The Bulldogs will first take the field in exhibition during “Meet the Bulldogs” festivities on August 13th followed by their 2010 classic game at Booneville on August 20th.
The 2010 season will kickoff on August 27th when New Albany will host Ripley.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...