‘Dawgs open fall football practice
The Bulldogs have battled the heat and rain this week, as they took the field for the opening week of fall practice.
Head coach Ron Price and his staff return several key starters and 21 seniors for the 2010 season, and Price said he has been impressed at what his team has brought so far this week.
“Our kids have had great attitudes and have pushed themselves. They’ve done everything we’ve asked them to do, up to this point,” he said. “It’s going to get hard to keep doing everything we’re asking of them, but that’s where the leadership of our seniors will come in, and that’s when their roles will become more important. After three practices, I’m very happy at where we are as a team.”
Intense heat this week has changed the schedule for the ‘Dawgs, but they will continue with two-a-day workouts until next Thursday.
“We’re going at seven o’clock in the morning with special teams, going about two and a half hours with them and coming back at six in the afternoon, focusing on offense and defense,” Price said. “We’ve had some rain to deal with as well, so hopefully we can go out and get through everything we need to.”
The Bulldogs will first take the field in exhibition during “Meet the Bulldogs” festivities on August 13th followed by their 2010 classic game at Booneville on August 20th.
The 2010 season will kickoff on August 27th when New Albany will host Ripley.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...