‘Dawgs open fall football practice
The Bulldogs have battled the heat and rain this week, as they took the field for the opening week of fall practice.
Head coach Ron Price and his staff return several key starters and 21 seniors for the 2010 season, and Price said he has been impressed at what his team has brought so far this week.
“Our kids have had great attitudes and have pushed themselves. They’ve done everything we’ve asked them to do, up to this point,” he said. “It’s going to get hard to keep doing everything we’re asking of them, but that’s where the leadership of our seniors will come in, and that’s when their roles will become more important. After three practices, I’m very happy at where we are as a team.”
Intense heat this week has changed the schedule for the ‘Dawgs, but they will continue with two-a-day workouts until next Thursday.
“We’re going at seven o’clock in the morning with special teams, going about two and a half hours with them and coming back at six in the afternoon, focusing on offense and defense,” Price said. “We’ve had some rain to deal with as well, so hopefully we can go out and get through everything we need to.”
The Bulldogs will first take the field in exhibition during “Meet the Bulldogs” festivities on August 13th followed by their 2010 classic game at Booneville on August 20th.
The 2010 season will kickoff on August 27th when New Albany will host Ripley.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...