‘Dawgs open fall football practice
The Bulldogs have battled the heat and rain this week, as they took the field for the opening week of fall practice.
Head coach Ron Price and his staff return several key starters and 21 seniors for the 2010 season, and Price said he has been impressed at what his team has brought so far this week.
“Our kids have had great attitudes and have pushed themselves. They’ve done everything we’ve asked them to do, up to this point,” he said. “It’s going to get hard to keep doing everything we’re asking of them, but that’s where the leadership of our seniors will come in, and that’s when their roles will become more important. After three practices, I’m very happy at where we are as a team.”
Intense heat this week has changed the schedule for the ‘Dawgs, but they will continue with two-a-day workouts until next Thursday.
“We’re going at seven o’clock in the morning with special teams, going about two and a half hours with them and coming back at six in the afternoon, focusing on offense and defense,” Price said. “We’ve had some rain to deal with as well, so hopefully we can go out and get through everything we need to.”
The Bulldogs will first take the field in exhibition during “Meet the Bulldogs” festivities on August 13th followed by their 2010 classic game at Booneville on August 20th.
The 2010 season will kickoff on August 27th when New Albany will host Ripley.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series