2 cups mashed bananas (3 or 4)
2 cups orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
12 cherries, cut up
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
Mix and freeze until almost firm. Take out and beat, then return to dish and freeze again. Serve in sherbert dishes. Good with pound cake.
Green Bean Casserole
2 cans whole green beans
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 can mushroom soup
1 cup Velveeta cheese
Drain beans. Season with garlic, onion salt, salt and pepper as desired. Mix soup and sour cream; add beans, stir in small chunks of cheese. Top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake about 1 hour at 35 degrees.
½ cup molasses
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon teaspoon hot sauce
½ cup chopped onions
3 lbs. ribs
Combine first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cut ribs in serving-size pieces and place in large shallow pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Drain off fat. Reduce heat to 300. Turn ribs over and bake another 60 minutes. Pour the sauce evenly over ribs the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Brown sugar won’t harden if an apple slice is placed in the container.
Lettuce and celery keep longer if you store them in paper bags instead of cellophane.
Cheese won’t harden if you will butter the exposed edges before storing.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Hurricane news October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...