2 cups mashed bananas (3 or 4)
2 cups orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
12 cherries, cut up
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 cup sugar
Mix and freeze until almost firm. Take out and beat, then return to dish and freeze again. Serve in sherbert dishes. Good with pound cake.
Green Bean Casserole
2 cans whole green beans
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 can mushroom soup
1 cup Velveeta cheese
Drain beans. Season with garlic, onion salt, salt and pepper as desired. Mix soup and sour cream; add beans, stir in small chunks of cheese. Top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake about 1 hour at 35 degrees.
½ cup molasses
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon teaspoon hot sauce
½ cup chopped onions
3 lbs. ribs
Combine first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cut ribs in serving-size pieces and place in large shallow pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Drain off fat. Reduce heat to 300. Turn ribs over and bake another 60 minutes. Pour the sauce evenly over ribs the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Brown sugar won’t harden if an apple slice is placed in the container.
Lettuce and celery keep longer if you store them in paper bags instead of cellophane.
Cheese won’t harden if you will butter the exposed edges before storing.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...