Ellistown Breezes for Aug. 13, 2010
Last weekend I watched as motor homes and boats slowly passed by heading in from a last vacation and/or weekend of fun before school begins Wednesday.
But, “cheers” Labor Day is very close and perhaps another break.
Happy birthday to Brian Randle Friday, August 13th. Next Friday, my youngest step-granddaughter, Mar-g McCraw Windham will be 40.
In looking at my calendar I notice that it has been a year since Gary Roberts went home to be with his Lord, August 14th; Monday, August 16th, it has been three years since I lost my cousin and friend Virginia Roberts Bell. We think we have had an extra warm summer, we have; however, the year Virginia died the temperature was 107 degrees and I asked Doris Rakestraw and Carolyn Roberts if they would like to go with me to the funeral. They declined saying they didn’t believe they could take the heat and I didn’t want to try it to West Point by myself in my aging vehicle with temperature that high.
Happy Anniversary to Doug and JoAnn McCraw Tuesday, August 17th.
I came down with a super case of “brochiectasis” this past week and had to miss church Sunday. I woke up last Tuesday morning thinking I had a bad sinus headache and sore throat and that I would have it defeated in a couple of days. Not so, my coughing got worse and fever hung around so after two sleepless nights, I gave in last Saturday and visited our Lower Crossing Medial Clinic for help. After a shot and several prescriptions filled next door at Sherman Drugs, my coughing is better, but I discovered during Sunday night that I am allergic to one of the drugs, so that will be priority one on today’s list.
This will be all for now. Have a good week and “May God Bless Us Everyone.” Don’t forget to pray for our country and service personnel, which includes local law enforcements who risk their life everyday for us.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...