Historic Northside District Garden Club, May 2010
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met at the First United Methodist Church on May 27, 2010.
Sixteen members and three guests enjoyed salads brought by the members, sandwiches brought by Beverly James, and home made ice cream brought by Jean Ashcraft. Members present were Jean Ashcraft, Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Bethany Dalton, Jan McMillin, Jan Eastman, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, Beverly James, Cadis Johnson, Joanne Lesley, Rebecca Owen, Sandy Shaddinger, Jill Smith, Veronica Wiseman, and Jane Weigartner. Our guests were President Veronica Wiseman’s mother, daughter, and son.
President Veronica Wiseman called the meeting to order. Jean Ashcraft, representing HNNA, presented a scholarship to Patricia Wiseman for her community service.
A video presentation of the Historic Northside Tour of Homes and Gardens was enjoyed by members. The proceeds from the tour will be used to purchase a sign identifying the Historic District. The sign will hopfully be placed in the triangle by the shirt factory. The Historic Preservation committee will be responsible for finding the sign.
The Garden Therapy Committee will be responsible for placing an arrangement at Union County Rehabilitation Center and the Union County Historical Museum for National Garden Club Week. The arrangement will be from flower cuttings from our own gardens. The Horticulture/Landscape Maintenance/Garden Therapy Committee will be in charge of this.
Jill Smith made a motion that the club place luminaries at Relay for Life for club members lost to cancer. Those members we honor are Erline Barrett, Glenda Malone, Peggy Smallwood and Tracy Olson. The motion was seconded and passed. Anita Buster suggested the club make a donation to the Union County Museum in memory of June Wroten. It was agreed to do so. The District Garden Club meeting in Holly Springs was discussed. Members attending will be Anita Buster, Veronica Wiseman, Lynn Madden, Ninabeth Capaning and Bethany Dalton.
Jan Eastman suggested that our club work together with other garden clubs in New Albany to allow each club to have a special project each year. Jean Ashcraft, Conservation chairman, suggested members join the Society of Trees. Sign up sheets were passed for Luncheon with Books in August, hostesses for the coming year, and updates for email and directory. After all business the meeting was adjourned.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert