James Roy Shumpert, 56, of New Albany, died Monday, July 26, 2010 at the North MS Medical Center in Tupelo.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, July 25 from 2-5 p.m. at the Serenity Chapel in New Albany. Services will be held Thursday, July 29th at 1 p.m. at the United House of Prayer in Blue Mountain, Miss. Interment will take place at the church cemetery.
James was born October 20, 1953 in Union County, Miss. to Robert Shumpert and Genevar Foster Shumpert. He leaves loving memories with his wife Betty Lou Ivy Shumpert of Ecru, a daughter Christina Shumpert of Oxford, Miss., his brother-in-law Andrew Ivy, who he raised as his son and who was like a brother to Christine, a godson Bernard Jones, both of new Albany, three brothers Quincy Shumpert of Oxford, Willie Shumpert of Columbus, Earl Shumpert of Oswego, Ill., five sisters Dorries McKinney of New Albany, Patricia Lucas of Baldwyn, Bobbie Taylor of Holly Springs, Mable Lear of Auroria, Ill., Edith Shumpert of New Albany, his mother-in-law Ernestine Ivy of New Albany, and a host of nieces, nephews, and other family and friends.
The officiating pastor will be Bishop Henry Finley. He is preceded in death by his parents, his brother Charles Shumpert and his sister Mary Finley.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...