New Albany Garden Club, April 2010
The New Albany Garden Club met April 8, 2010, in the home of Elizabeth Skinner, with Lori Henson and Laura Fennell serving as co-hostesses. The floral arrangement entitled Spring Feverwas provided by Susan Feather.
Rheta Ann West, president-elect presided over the meeting in the absence of President Grace Provence. Mrs. West thanked Mrs Skinner for hosting the club and Mrs. Henson and Mrs. Fennell for the refreshments and Mrs. Feather for the floral arrangement.
Ginger Boyington gave an inspiration devotional quoting from Ecclesiastes concerning the time allotted in our lives to “bloom” for God.
Lynn Madden introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tim Burress, Master Gardener, who presented a slide show of tips for spring gardening.
The minutes were read and approved and the roll checked.
–Bethany Dalton announced the Great American Cleanup for April 10. Members who wish to participate will meet at the Methodist Church at 7 a.m.
Oxford Garden Club. Standard Flower Show, “There’s an App for That” will be April 15. Members interested in attending need to contact Grace Provence.
Tickets are available for the Tupelo Symphony Concert on April 18.
The Garden Club of Jackson, Home and Garden Tour will be April 22-23
Enid Lake will be the site for the Waterfalls, Wildflowers, and Native Plants program on April 24.
“The Sky’s the Limit”, a Standard Flower Show, will be presented April 24, by the Green Thumb Garden Club and the North Mississippi Lakes Iris Society in Grenada.
Earth Day has been changed to April 27, at the Sportsplex. A list was passed around for members to sign if they can participate.
Historic Northside Garden Club will have a home and garden tour on May 1, from 10-2.
New Albany Garden Club plant sale will be May 8, at the Union County Heritage Museum. Each member is responsible for bringing two plants labeled with name, price, and shade or sun.
Bethany Dalton announced that a community involvement group called ENACT has been formed and meets the 2ndMonday of each month at the Coffee Addict. The time is 5:30 p.m.
Mrs. Dalton also reported the Board of Aldermen approved the Blue Star Memorial.
Faulkner Garden: Sherra Owen announced that Felder Rushing will be in New Albany Sept. 23-24 and will broadcast his radio show from the Faulkner Garden and will also speak to area students. A contest on writing garden essays will be part of the weekend.
Environmental Education: Melanie Shannon announced that “Gathering Day” has been changed to May 14, to correspond with Frog-a-Nanny and that Ginger Boyington is co-chairing the Frog-a-Nanny committee for the club. Mrs. Boyington shared her ideas for the event and asked members to sign up to assist. Our club will sponsor a booth for crafts. Young Gardeners and Youth Gardeners will make the banner for the parade.
Blue Star Memorial: Betsey Hamilton announced that the request for the memorial has been sent and that the date of the dedication will be determined at a later date.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned to meet in May in the home of Lynn Madden.
Those members in attendance were: Glenda Conlee, Gloria Cooper, Bethany Dalton, Linda Everett, Susan Feather, Laura Fennell, Jane Ford, Betsey Hamilton, Lori Henson, Carolyn Houston, Myra Langley, Lynn Madden, Rebecca Owen, Sherra Owen, Eydie Pullman, Melanie Shannon, Rheta Ann West, Elizabeth Skinner, Lori Whiteside, and Ginger Boyington.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series