Lue Berta Blackwell, 76, of New Albany, died Aug. 11, 2010 at North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo.
Survivors include her children, Willie Blackwell, Johnny Blackwell and Diane Worship of New Albany, Adrian Blackwell of Indiana, Juanita McCree of Kentucky and Tony Woods of Ill.; one brother, James Calvert of Indiana, 36 grandchildren, 42 great-grandchildren and a host of other family and friends.
Visitation was from 1 until 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 13, 2010 at Serenity Chapel-New Albany.
Services were at 11 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 14, 2010, at Union Grove M.B. Church with Rev. Willie B. Sampson officiating. Interment was in Union Grove Cemetery. Serenity Funeral Home – New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...