Lue Berta Blackwell, 76, of New Albany, died Aug. 11, 2010 at North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo.
Survivors include her children, Willie Blackwell, Johnny Blackwell and Diane Worship of New Albany, Adrian Blackwell of Indiana, Juanita McCree of Kentucky and Tony Woods of Ill.; one brother, James Calvert of Indiana, 36 grandchildren, 42 great-grandchildren and a host of other family and friends.
Visitation was from 1 until 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 13, 2010 at Serenity Chapel-New Albany.
Services were at 11 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 14, 2010, at Union Grove M.B. Church with Rev. Willie B. Sampson officiating. Interment was in Union Grove Cemetery. Serenity Funeral Home – New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...