Sherman News, August 18, 2010
Sherman Day will be Saturday, September 11, as we celebrate community, family, and friends. Join us for some or all of the events scheduled for the day. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, Fire House Poker Run, Bark in the Park, BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater.
The 3rd annual 5K Run is sponsored by Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy and directed by the Tupelo Running Club. The 5K course starts in front of the Sherman Park and Town Hall at 8 a.m. The loop course has a short out and back section and takes you through the center of Sherman. There are some rolling hills as well as a challenging climb back into town. There will be plenty of free parking, and bathroom facilities will be available at the Sherman Park. All entrants will receive a Sherman Day 5k t-shirt.
The entry fee is $15 if postmarked or received at Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy office on or before September 3. Fee is $20 after September 3 and on race day. Awards will be given to males and females in several categories.
Register for the 5K Run in advance at active.com or stop by Bresee’s on 3rd Avenue. For more information, please contact Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy at 662.842.2100.
The Tri-County Baptist youth went to Hurricane Baptist August 14 for a youth rally.
Bro. Don Smith will be bringing the message at 11 a.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church Sunday, August 29, and the Williams family will be singing. Lunch will be served immediately after the morning service, and there will be no evening services.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...