Gazette’s new website user-friendly
An all-new community website was introduced Monday by the New Albany Gazette.
The new site, newalbanygazette.com, now contains all of the local material from the printed newspaper, as well as many added features, including videos and slideshows from area news and sports events.
Readers may participate in forums about area news and sports topics, provide comments on stories from the newspaper, vote in an opinion poll, and even nominate their pet to be the “Pet of the Week.”
“The new website gives our news staff an opportunity to provide readers with more photographs from events than we have room for in the printed paper, as well as videos for the first time,” said David Johnson, Gazette managing editor
The actual printed pages of the Gazette, as well as those of the annual tourism publication, Explore magazine, can also be viewed at the site.
Readers may submit news stories, engagement and wedding announcements, birth announcements, anniversaries and other material on online forms, as well as subscribe or renew a subscription online for the first time.
“We’re proud that we now operate one of the most modern online sites in the country as we continue to upgrade the quality of the Gazette and its other publications,” said T. Wayne Mitchell, publisher of the Gazette.
Access to the Gazette website and archives will be included free with a subscription to the printed newspaper, Mitchell said. Non-subscribers will have free access to the site for a trial period, he said.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...