Gazette’s new website user-friendly
An all-new community website was introduced Monday by the New Albany Gazette.
The new site, newalbanygazette.com, now contains all of the local material from the printed newspaper, as well as many added features, including videos and slideshows from area news and sports events.
Readers may participate in forums about area news and sports topics, provide comments on stories from the newspaper, vote in an opinion poll, and even nominate their pet to be the “Pet of the Week.”
“The new website gives our news staff an opportunity to provide readers with more photographs from events than we have room for in the printed paper, as well as videos for the first time,” said David Johnson, Gazette managing editor
The actual printed pages of the Gazette, as well as those of the annual tourism publication, Explore magazine, can also be viewed at the site.
Readers may submit news stories, engagement and wedding announcements, birth announcements, anniversaries and other material on online forms, as well as subscribe or renew a subscription online for the first time.
“We’re proud that we now operate one of the most modern online sites in the country as we continue to upgrade the quality of the Gazette and its other publications,” said T. Wayne Mitchell, publisher of the Gazette.
Access to the Gazette website and archives will be included free with a subscription to the printed newspaper, Mitchell said. Non-subscribers will have free access to the site for a trial period, he said.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...