Eastern Lights, August 20, 2010
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day.
Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. Peggy Bell was a visitor also.
Betty Treadaway is home recuperating from a broken shoulder she received while shopping in Tupelo. She is doing well. A broken bone is always inconvenient.
Jamie and I spent a little time with Lois Wood at Graceland Monday morning. While there I looked in on Opal Smith who is very ill.
Well, today the 10th of August, those yellow buses were picking up the children again for their first day of fall semester. My, it has seemed such a short summer vacation.
Billy and Shelby Easley, Clifford and Sue Easley, Rickey and Anne Glidewell enjoyed Saturday at the Watermelon Festival at Water Valley.
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be hosting a gospel singing Sunday night, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. with Steele Best as special guest.
I stopped by the Baptist Hospital-Union County Wednesday to check on Opal Smith and Charlene Garrison. Both of them are in ICU at this time.
Happy birthday to Michelle Burgess on Aug. 20, to Patricia Hall on Aug. 24, and to Patty Johnson on Aug. 25.
Mt. Olivet Methodist Church had a wonderful homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 15. Also a memory day with many pictures of the past history of the church and its founding fathers and mothers.
One picture in particular interested me of Melissa Grant. She was a correspondent of the New Albany Gazette. There were over one hundred present for the morning worship service, and a table spread with all the good things to eat fit for a king.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...