Eastern Lights, August 20, 2010
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day.
Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. Peggy Bell was a visitor also.
Betty Treadaway is home recuperating from a broken shoulder she received while shopping in Tupelo. She is doing well. A broken bone is always inconvenient.
Jamie and I spent a little time with Lois Wood at Graceland Monday morning. While there I looked in on Opal Smith who is very ill.
Well, today the 10th of August, those yellow buses were picking up the children again for their first day of fall semester. My, it has seemed such a short summer vacation.
Billy and Shelby Easley, Clifford and Sue Easley, Rickey and Anne Glidewell enjoyed Saturday at the Watermelon Festival at Water Valley.
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be hosting a gospel singing Sunday night, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. with Steele Best as special guest.
I stopped by the Baptist Hospital-Union County Wednesday to check on Opal Smith and Charlene Garrison. Both of them are in ICU at this time.
Happy birthday to Michelle Burgess on Aug. 20, to Patricia Hall on Aug. 24, and to Patty Johnson on Aug. 25.
Mt. Olivet Methodist Church had a wonderful homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 15. Also a memory day with many pictures of the past history of the church and its founding fathers and mothers.
One picture in particular interested me of Melissa Grant. She was a correspondent of the New Albany Gazette. There were over one hundred present for the morning worship service, and a table spread with all the good things to eat fit for a king.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series