Eastern Lights, August 20, 2010
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day.
Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. Peggy Bell was a visitor also.
Betty Treadaway is home recuperating from a broken shoulder she received while shopping in Tupelo. She is doing well. A broken bone is always inconvenient.
Jamie and I spent a little time with Lois Wood at Graceland Monday morning. While there I looked in on Opal Smith who is very ill.
Well, today the 10th of August, those yellow buses were picking up the children again for their first day of fall semester. My, it has seemed such a short summer vacation.
Billy and Shelby Easley, Clifford and Sue Easley, Rickey and Anne Glidewell enjoyed Saturday at the Watermelon Festival at Water Valley.
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be hosting a gospel singing Sunday night, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. with Steele Best as special guest.
I stopped by the Baptist Hospital-Union County Wednesday to check on Opal Smith and Charlene Garrison. Both of them are in ICU at this time.
Happy birthday to Michelle Burgess on Aug. 20, to Patricia Hall on Aug. 24, and to Patty Johnson on Aug. 25.
Mt. Olivet Methodist Church had a wonderful homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 15. Also a memory day with many pictures of the past history of the church and its founding fathers and mothers.
One picture in particular interested me of Melissa Grant. She was a correspondent of the New Albany Gazette. There were over one hundred present for the morning worship service, and a table spread with all the good things to eat fit for a king.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...