Eastern Lights, August 20, 2010
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day.
Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. Peggy Bell was a visitor also.
Betty Treadaway is home recuperating from a broken shoulder she received while shopping in Tupelo. She is doing well. A broken bone is always inconvenient.
Jamie and I spent a little time with Lois Wood at Graceland Monday morning. While there I looked in on Opal Smith who is very ill.
Well, today the 10th of August, those yellow buses were picking up the children again for their first day of fall semester. My, it has seemed such a short summer vacation.
Billy and Shelby Easley, Clifford and Sue Easley, Rickey and Anne Glidewell enjoyed Saturday at the Watermelon Festival at Water Valley.
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be hosting a gospel singing Sunday night, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. with Steele Best as special guest.
I stopped by the Baptist Hospital-Union County Wednesday to check on Opal Smith and Charlene Garrison. Both of them are in ICU at this time.
Happy birthday to Michelle Burgess on Aug. 20, to Patricia Hall on Aug. 24, and to Patty Johnson on Aug. 25.
Mt. Olivet Methodist Church had a wonderful homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 15. Also a memory day with many pictures of the past history of the church and its founding fathers and mothers.
One picture in particular interested me of Melissa Grant. She was a correspondent of the New Albany Gazette. There were over one hundred present for the morning worship service, and a table spread with all the good things to eat fit for a king.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...