County football starts practice
County football opened their second year with fall workouts last Thursday. Now practicing at East Union, head coach Scott Duley is taking the first few days to assess where his players are.
“Two major things these first few days are acclimation to the heat and their assessment of the game. We’re going to keep things very comfortable for them while we assess where they are as players,” he said.
Duley is working on a schedule for the squads, hoping to play around seven to eight games.
“What I would love to do is fill out the schedule a little more, but with most junior highs, they already have their schedules set, so I don’t know if we’ll be able to add any more junior high games, but with our JV, there are possibilities to add on some games with Mantachie, Biggersville and with some other JV squads,” he said.
The county football team is set to open their 2010 campaign on September 14.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...