NAHS News, August 25, 2010
Well Bulldogs, we survived our first full week of school! Give yourselves a pat on the back. Whether you were learning your ropes around the Elementary School, getting the hang of switching to new classes at the Middle School, or finally able to open your lockers at the High School, we made it.
This past week, we took votes for the Homecoming court, and ladies and gentlemen, we have the results. Queen: Anna Claire Stokes, Maids: Victoria Clift, Kaitlyn Cochran, Brittany Ellett, Ellen Tarrant, Porche White, and Paige Witt. Congratulations to you all!
Friday, New Albany played against Boonville for the first football game of the season. Our Bulldogs won 27-11. Our next football game is this Friday against Ripley at home. The cheerleaders are hosting the annual Bully-Q this Friday from 4:30-7:00 in the NAHS cafeteria. A plate includes a BBQ sandwich, baked beans, slaw, a cookie, and a drink all for ten dollars! If you would like to order a dinner, buy a ticket from a cheerleader. Overtime will be held at the First Presbyterian Church. Band Fees need to be paid-see Mr. Eubanks. Softball played against Kossuth this past Thursday night. Junior Varsity won 9-2 and Varsity won 6-0. Cross Country has a meet this Saturday in Tupelo. Girls start at 6:30 and boys start at 7:30. FCA starts this Wednesday morning at 7:25 and will continue every Wednesday.
The 2010 New Albany Homecoming T-shirts are now on sale. Order forms are in all of the school offices and teachers boxes at NAES. The short sleeve shirts are light gray and have maroon, white and black ink colors. The cost is $12 and all proceeds go to the journalism class. Orders are due back by September 3!
So, New Albany, this is where we part. I hope we can all stick together and make this year a year to remember.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series