Sherman News, August 25, 2010
Sherman Day will be Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010, as we celebrate community, family, and friends. Join us for some or all of the events scheduled for the day. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, Fire House Poker Run, Bark in the Park, BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater.
The BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater continues to get better and better every year. Dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Sherman Library. Menu includes BBQ or Chicken Strips with all the fixings. Drink and dessert are included. The Dinner Theater will begin at 7:30 p.m. inside the fire station. Doors will open at 7 p.m. Cost for the BBQ dinner and a theater ticket is $10 for adults and $6 for ages 9 and under. For the meal only, cost is $8 for adults and $4 for ages 9 and under. To purchase a dinner theater ticket only is $4 at the door.
Special guests were in Sherman Tuesday morning, Aug. 17. The president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Masasumi Hamaguchi, and vice president David Copenhaver came by Town Hall to visit with Mayor Ben Logan and meet some of the town employees.
Bro. Don Smith will be bringing the message at 11 a.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church Sunday, Aug. 29, and the Williams family will be singing. Lunch will be served immediately after the morning service, and there will be no evening services.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth went to Danver’s last Sunday, August 15, after evening services for their youth devotional.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...