When Back-to-School Shopping, Remember the Sunscreen
Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you’re free to forget about sun protection. When shopping for back-to-school supplies, make sure to stop by the sunscreen aisle.
Children in elementary school usually have outdoor recess between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun is especially intense. Just one severe sunburn in childhood doubles the chances of developing melanoma later in life.
So while preparing for school, make sure to remind your children about the importance of applying sunscreen and seeking the shade when outdoors.
“The sun’s ultraviolet rays don’t go away when the summer is over.
“Children spend a great deal of time outdoors throughout the school years and on field trips,” said Perry Robins, MD, President of The Skin Cancer Foundation.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...