Eastern Lights, August 27, 2010
Well, hello again. Time is moving so fast. Babies are being born and our loved ones are dying.
Saturday brought the news that a lifelong friend had died. Opal Smith is no longer with us but there are a lot of memories. Her family, friends, and the people at Graceland Care Center facility will certainly miss Opal. May God bless this family as they grieve the loss of their loved one.
Sunday afternoon I had a pleasant visit with my niece Betty Grose and her husband Sonny at Blue Mountain.
Best wishes to Christie Bullock at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
Happy Birthday to Judy Richey on Aug. 25, to Brian Camp on Aug. 30, and to Douglas Yarbrough on Aug. 31.
A belated birthday to my niece Doris Cook McCoy who celebrated on Aug. 21.
Happy Anniversary to Roy and Georgia Hodges on Aug. 28, to Dean and Sherry Hogue on September and Dale and Vickie Cook on Sept. 3.
Happy Birthday to Doris Smith on Sept. 1, to Roger Jarvis and Harold Hogue on Sept. 2.
According to the Daily Corinthian, congratulations are in order for Malcolm Kuykendall, superintendent of Tishomingo Country School District. He has recently been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 school years.
Mr. Kuykendall is a former resident of Mt. Zion Community in Union County and the brother of Margie Koon of New Albany.
Charlene Garrison is back at Graceland after a stay at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. However, she is a very sick person in need of the prayers from her friends.
We send best wishes to Mary Ruth Weeden of Southaven who fell last week and bruised herself on the back and legs. She was holding a swing for her husband Dean to weed eat and it got away from her almost hitting her head. Hope you are well soon. And a very happy belated birthday to Mary Ruth. She is the sister of Annie Lois Pannell.
Junior Pannell is some better the last few days, hope he continues to improve. Probably some cooler weather would help all of us.
Voncile White is very ill at Hospice House in Tupelo at this writing. Please remember this family as you pray.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...