Eastern Lights, August 27, 2010
Well, hello again. Time is moving so fast. Babies are being born and our loved ones are dying.
Saturday brought the news that a lifelong friend had died. Opal Smith is no longer with us but there are a lot of memories. Her family, friends, and the people at Graceland Care Center facility will certainly miss Opal. May God bless this family as they grieve the loss of their loved one.
Sunday afternoon I had a pleasant visit with my niece Betty Grose and her husband Sonny at Blue Mountain.
Best wishes to Christie Bullock at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
Happy Birthday to Judy Richey on Aug. 25, to Brian Camp on Aug. 30, and to Douglas Yarbrough on Aug. 31.
A belated birthday to my niece Doris Cook McCoy who celebrated on Aug. 21.
Happy Anniversary to Roy and Georgia Hodges on Aug. 28, to Dean and Sherry Hogue on September and Dale and Vickie Cook on Sept. 3.
Happy Birthday to Doris Smith on Sept. 1, to Roger Jarvis and Harold Hogue on Sept. 2.
According to the Daily Corinthian, congratulations are in order for Malcolm Kuykendall, superintendent of Tishomingo Country School District. He has recently been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents for 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 school years.
Mr. Kuykendall is a former resident of Mt. Zion Community in Union County and the brother of Margie Koon of New Albany.
Charlene Garrison is back at Graceland after a stay at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. However, she is a very sick person in need of the prayers from her friends.
We send best wishes to Mary Ruth Weeden of Southaven who fell last week and bruised herself on the back and legs. She was holding a swing for her husband Dean to weed eat and it got away from her almost hitting her head. Hope you are well soon. And a very happy belated birthday to Mary Ruth. She is the sister of Annie Lois Pannell.
Junior Pannell is some better the last few days, hope he continues to improve. Probably some cooler weather would help all of us.
Voncile White is very ill at Hospice House in Tupelo at this writing. Please remember this family as you pray.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series