Eastern Lights, September 3, 2010
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement you have given me in the past few weeks about the Eastern Lights news column.
I spent last Monday morning in Booneville getting some repair on my car. That was the day my life- long friend Opal Smith was buried. So I missed her funeral.
Tuesday brought the news that another friend for 50 plus years, Voncile White, had died. Her funeral was Thursday at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
Wednesday brought word that Nancy Gullick had died at her home after a lengthy bout with cancer. I met her several years ago when one of her sons, Billy, married Lee McDonald, from our church family. A few years later another son, Jason, married Tracy Hill also from our church family at Palestine Baptist.
These ladies will be missed by all who knew htem. May God bless all of these families.
I attended the Ladies meeting at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Benton County Saturday, Aug. 6. It was a very inspirational time. The men of the church fixed a wonderful meal for about one hundred fifty.
Mrs. Donie Rakestraw died Friday at her home in the Locust Grove Community. She was a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church where she was faithful until her health failed. She was one hundred one years old. She had two sons who preceded her in death leaving several grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was buried at Pleasant Hill Cemetery Sunday afternoon.
Annie Lois Pannell talked to her sister Mary Ruth Weeden today, Sunday, Aug. 29 and said she was bruised pretty bad on her legs and part of her body. Her improvement is kinda slow.
Max Cooper Bullock was born Thursday, Aug. 26 at Baptist Women’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. He weighed one pound, seven ounces. Max is the son of Jalon and Christy Bullock of New Albany.
His grandparents are Lannie and Brenda Bullock of Mt. Zion and Philip and Shelba Cooper Whitesides of New Albany. He will remain in the hospital until he is able to come home. He is doing well although he is very small.
Best wishes to Larva Hogue at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County who is very ill. Please pray for Betty and the children.
Charles Messer called Tuesday to say his mother Ola was about the same. Not much improvement.
Happy birthday to Madison Graham on Sept. 9, to Megan Ellis on Sept. 9, to Burney Johnson on Sept. 11 and to Phyliss Hill on Sept. 12.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...