Eastern Lights, September 3, 2010
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement you have given me in the past few weeks about the Eastern Lights news column.
I spent last Monday morning in Booneville getting some repair on my car. That was the day my life- long friend Opal Smith was buried. So I missed her funeral.
Tuesday brought the news that another friend for 50 plus years, Voncile White, had died. Her funeral was Thursday at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
Wednesday brought word that Nancy Gullick had died at her home after a lengthy bout with cancer. I met her several years ago when one of her sons, Billy, married Lee McDonald, from our church family. A few years later another son, Jason, married Tracy Hill also from our church family at Palestine Baptist.
These ladies will be missed by all who knew htem. May God bless all of these families.
I attended the Ladies meeting at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Benton County Saturday, Aug. 6. It was a very inspirational time. The men of the church fixed a wonderful meal for about one hundred fifty.
Mrs. Donie Rakestraw died Friday at her home in the Locust Grove Community. She was a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church where she was faithful until her health failed. She was one hundred one years old. She had two sons who preceded her in death leaving several grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was buried at Pleasant Hill Cemetery Sunday afternoon.
Annie Lois Pannell talked to her sister Mary Ruth Weeden today, Sunday, Aug. 29 and said she was bruised pretty bad on her legs and part of her body. Her improvement is kinda slow.
Max Cooper Bullock was born Thursday, Aug. 26 at Baptist Women’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. He weighed one pound, seven ounces. Max is the son of Jalon and Christy Bullock of New Albany.
His grandparents are Lannie and Brenda Bullock of Mt. Zion and Philip and Shelba Cooper Whitesides of New Albany. He will remain in the hospital until he is able to come home. He is doing well although he is very small.
Best wishes to Larva Hogue at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County who is very ill. Please pray for Betty and the children.
Charles Messer called Tuesday to say his mother Ola was about the same. Not much improvement.
Happy birthday to Madison Graham on Sept. 9, to Megan Ellis on Sept. 9, to Burney Johnson on Sept. 11 and to Phyliss Hill on Sept. 12.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series