Macedonia News, September 3, 2010
Johnny Garrison spent two nights in Tupelo Hospital due to pains in his right arm. Doctors determined he has an arthritic spine and prescribed medicines to try to alleviate the pain. Hopefully this will help with this, and Johnny can bounce back from all the pain he has been experiencing.
Tricia Elkins broke her ankle and is in a cast. The cast has to be changed every week in order to try to correct the angle of her leg. She expects to be in a cast 8-12 weeks. We hope her ankle heals nicely, and she will be back to normal really soon.
Lou McQuary’s brother, Don Simpson, spent three nights with Lou and Larry while Don’s wife, Marty, was attending a seminar in Memphis. Don enjoyed seeing Hannah play softball and attended church with Lou and Larry on Sunday. Jack, Nicole, Anna Claire, and Abbie McQuary from Tishomingo came for Sunday lunch. Audry, Kevin, and Caroline Wigington,; Scott, Hannah, Hunter, and Maddie McQuary; and Paula Maier also came and enjoyed Sunday dinner with Lou and Larry. Marty got in from the seminar in time to join them also. Don and Marty live in Opelika, Alabama.
The Safari Café began Wednesday, Sept. 1 at Macedonia Baptist Church. Children ages 2 all the way up to sixth grade participated. Buses are running if your child needs a ride.
Bubba Cobb extends an invitation to attend the Youth Revival at Center Baptist Church Sept 9, 10, and 11. Services start at 7 p.m. each night. Brother Robbie Crane is the guest speaker and Brother Tracy Gray and his Praise Band will lead the singing. For more information contact Bubba at 662-538-1659.
Ryan Russell and Brittany Edwards will be married Saturday, September 4, at Ingomar Baptist Church at 2 o’clock. All friends are invited to join in this celebration.
Sunday night CLASS meetings begin Sept. 5 at Macedonia Baptist Church. Make plans to attend one of the five classes offered. We have quiet a variety of sessions offered. Visit the church website to see a listing of the classes offered.
School children will be glad to know that Monday, Sept. 6 will be Labor Day Holiday at the school. The following day Tuesday, Sept. 7 will be a professional day for teachers so students will have a short three day week. That should give students a nice breather after four weeks of school.
Thought for the week: “Your heavenly Father knows your needs. He will always give you all you need from day to day.” Luke 12:30-21
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...