Macedonia News, September 3, 2010
Johnny Garrison spent two nights in Tupelo Hospital due to pains in his right arm. Doctors determined he has an arthritic spine and prescribed medicines to try to alleviate the pain. Hopefully this will help with this, and Johnny can bounce back from all the pain he has been experiencing.
Tricia Elkins broke her ankle and is in a cast. The cast has to be changed every week in order to try to correct the angle of her leg. She expects to be in a cast 8-12 weeks. We hope her ankle heals nicely, and she will be back to normal really soon.
Lou McQuary’s brother, Don Simpson, spent three nights with Lou and Larry while Don’s wife, Marty, was attending a seminar in Memphis. Don enjoyed seeing Hannah play softball and attended church with Lou and Larry on Sunday. Jack, Nicole, Anna Claire, and Abbie McQuary from Tishomingo came for Sunday lunch. Audry, Kevin, and Caroline Wigington,; Scott, Hannah, Hunter, and Maddie McQuary; and Paula Maier also came and enjoyed Sunday dinner with Lou and Larry. Marty got in from the seminar in time to join them also. Don and Marty live in Opelika, Alabama.
The Safari Café began Wednesday, Sept. 1 at Macedonia Baptist Church. Children ages 2 all the way up to sixth grade participated. Buses are running if your child needs a ride.
Bubba Cobb extends an invitation to attend the Youth Revival at Center Baptist Church Sept 9, 10, and 11. Services start at 7 p.m. each night. Brother Robbie Crane is the guest speaker and Brother Tracy Gray and his Praise Band will lead the singing. For more information contact Bubba at 662-538-1659.
Ryan Russell and Brittany Edwards will be married Saturday, September 4, at Ingomar Baptist Church at 2 o’clock. All friends are invited to join in this celebration.
Sunday night CLASS meetings begin Sept. 5 at Macedonia Baptist Church. Make plans to attend one of the five classes offered. We have quiet a variety of sessions offered. Visit the church website to see a listing of the classes offered.
School children will be glad to know that Monday, Sept. 6 will be Labor Day Holiday at the school. The following day Tuesday, Sept. 7 will be a professional day for teachers so students will have a short three day week. That should give students a nice breather after four weeks of school.
Thought for the week: “Your heavenly Father knows your needs. He will always give you all you need from day to day.” Luke 12:30-21
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...